Thursday, September 1, 2011

Dr's Remedy Nail Polish: Review

Many of you have heard of Dr's Remedy Nail Polish before, but I am sure there are some of you who have not.

If you don't know about Dr's Remedy, it's a company that was created by two Dr.'s, (podiatrists) who wanted to create nail polish that was nurturing and enriched.  

The following is an excerpt from their website:

"Not only is Dr.'s REMEDY® better for you, it comes in a rainbow of today's most fashionable colors.
  • Enhanced with naturally occurring anti-fungal ingredients and vitamins to promote healthier nails.
  • Appealing to women with discolored nails, pregnant women, or parents looking for safer alternatives for their children.
  • Allergen friendly for those sensitive to chemicals in commercial nail polish.
  • Enriched means a stronger, healthier looking nail, which is appealing to everyone."

 I was intrigued by their nail polish line and received a few bottles of it for review consideration.  The colors I have to show you are from their summer collection: Glee Gold, Nurture Nude Pink, Lovely Lavender, Bold Baby Blue, and Tranquil Tangerine.

Glee Gold
Glee Gold is a very pretty gold colored nail polish.  It was incredibly sheer and even in the picture probably could have used one more coat, as I see some VNL.  Pictured is three coats.  The application was super smooth and virtually mess free.  The brush on all of these polishes is amazing!  It was so easy to apply the polish where I wanted it to go.  I liked Glee Gold but I kind of hoped it would be more opaque than it wound up being.

Nurture Nude Pink
Nurture Nude Pink is a very VERY nude pink.  On me, it almost matches my skin tone completely!  I don't know if I would wear this color as a full mani but I can see that it would be very pretty on skin tones other than my own.  This is a very understated color, which works for some people but not for me.  It was even more sheer than Glee Gold was, and I needed 4 coats for the picture above.

Lovely Lavender
I think the name Lovely Lavender for this polish is perfect!  It really is lovely!  The shade of lavender is actually a little bit lighter than the picture came out, but it isn't much different.  This color is very refreshing and calming at the same time.  It has a super shiny finish, which I loved.  It was much more opaque than the other two colors so far, needing only 2 coats for opacity.

Bold Baby Blue
Bold Baby Blue was one of the colors I was most excited about when I got these polishes in the mail and saw all the bottles.  It didn't disappoint me either!  It is such an amazing shade of light blue!  The frosty, almost metallic finish of this polish is amazing!  Just two coats to full opacity and a super smooth application just like all the other so far.

Tranquil Tangerine
Ok, I saved the best for last!  Tranquil Tangerine is a very unique polish! Look at the picture, the color GLOWS on me.  It makes the picture look edited but I can assure you it is not.  This color reminds me of orange juice, it is so extremely refreshing to look at!  I LOVE how this looks so much, I will definitely be wearing this color a lot!  The only thing I didn't like was that I needed 3 coats for the opacity in this picture.  It was almost completely opaque in 2 coats, but I still had a little bit of VNL...it might be a 2-coater if you use thicker coats though.  But that's a small price to pay for a color as yummy as this one!

Overall, I am quite pleased with these Dr's Remedy nail polishes and would definitely like to try other colors out in the future.  The price, $17/bottle, is a bit steep for me on a normal occasion but maybe if they have a sale or special occasion I could splurge on a few of them.

To learn more about Dr's Remedy products, use the following links:


or


Have you tried any Dr's remedy polishes? If so, what did you think?



3 comments:

  1. Erika: Your nails are simply gorgeous in any shade however, love Lovely Lavender the best, it's awesome shade of bluish purple is just dazzling. You should be a nail polish hand model for this product. This would be great shot for Monday mani's on Barielle's which I will vote for you next time. Awesomeness.

    Love,

    George :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all look incredible! I'm hoping I'll be able to try them soon! Thanks, Erika!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of this brand. Its nice but I think its a little spendy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!

** Please refrain from posting links to your blog in the comments. If you have a blog you'd like me to check out, please email me privately from the link you can find in the sidebar. Thanks :)